Human Resource Management Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The Human Resource Management certificate equips individuals with practical knowledge and skills pertinent to the human resource management function, including strategic human resource planning, employee and labor relations, compensation, training and organization development, and performance management. Ideal for individuals who are currently in management, a member of a human resources team, or interested in gaining expertise in human resource management. Not open to students who are pursuing or have completed management majors or management minors.
|BNMG 310||ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR AND MANAGMENT||4|
|BNMG 405||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||4|
|Select three of the following:||12|
|INDUSTRIAL & ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY|
|BUSINESS, ETHICS AND SOCIETY|
|TOPICS IN MANAGEMENT|
Prerequisites for this program are:
|BNSS 250||CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS||4|
|or BNAC 260||FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING|
|MATH 140||INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICS||3|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program students should be able to:
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and skills pertinent strategic human resource planning.
- Critically assess methods for recruiting and hiring of staff.
- Analyze how organizations maintain compliance with labor and employment laws.
- Evaluate methods of for setting performance standards and performance evaluations.
- Explain the influence of culture, ethics and global influences on staff and organizations.
- Use statistical analyses to develop compensation strategies.