Linfield University advances a vision of learning, life, and community that
- promotes intellectual challenge and creativity,
- values both theoretical and practical knowledge,
- engages thoughtful dialogue in a climate of mutual respect,
- honors the rich texture of diverse cultures and varied ways of understanding,
- piques curiosity for a lifetime of inquiry, and
- inspires the courage to live by moral and spiritual principle and to defend freedom of conscience.
Linfield: Connecting Learning, Life, and Community
ORGANIZATION AND GOVERNANCE
Linfield University is a coeducational, comprehensive liberal arts institution historically and currently affiliated with the American Baptist Churches. All university operations are governed by administration and faculty, with ultimate responsibility resting with the Board of Trustees. The university is committed to teaching students in an atmosphere of academic freedom that offers intellectual rigor, creativity, and a sense of personal and social responsibility.
Disclaimer and non-discrimination statement
Linfield University reserves the right to withdraw courses at any time, change fees, change the calendar and rules regarding admission and graduation requirements, and change any other regulations affecting the student body. Changes shall become effective whenever the proper authorities so determine and shall, at the discretion of such authorities, apply not only to prospective students but also to those who at that time are matriculated in the university.
Linfield University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or membership in any other protected classification in its educational programs, admission, activities, or employment policies.