Accounting Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The Post-Baccalaureate Accounting certificate meets the needs of professionals seeking to augment their existing bachelor’s degree with specialized knowledge in the field of accounting, and prepares students to qualify for positions in non-profit and government accounting, public accounting, and corporate accounting.
Prerequisites for this program include a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college (in any major), FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING (BNAC 260)) or equivalent, and MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING (BNAC 261) or equivalent.
Certificate requirement: 24 credits
|BNAC 361||INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING I||4|
|BNAC 362||INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING II||4|
|BNAC 461||COST ACCOUNTING||4|
|BNAC 466||ADVANCED ACCOUNTING||4|
|BNAC 468||FEDERAL INCOME TAX||4|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply accounting principles of valuation of assets and liabilities.
- Identify issues related to income determination and preparation of financial statements.
- Learn theories, policies, and practices of the federal income taxation of individuals, corporations, partnerships, and fiduciaries.
- Gain knowledge about accounting standards and practices for not-for-profits.
- Learn the essential characteristics of auditing financial statements and reporting the results.
- Synthesize financial information to be able to assess audit risk.