Graduate Degrees and Requirements
The university offers two graduate degrees:
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.)
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- The Nursing Leadership Master of Science in Nursing is an online degree.*
- The Master's Entry into Professional Nursing (M.S.N.) is offered in-person on the Portland campus.
- The M.S. degree in Business, which has tracks in Design and Innovation, Sport Leadership, and Wine Business Leadership are offered in-person on the McMinnville campus and as a synchronous hybrid.
- The M.S. degree in Sports Science and Analytics is offered in-person on the McMinnville campus.
- Most on-campus/hybrid programs are offered on a year-round calendar with standard 15-week fall and spring semesters, a four to five-week January term, and a 9 to 11-week summer term.
- The M.S. in Business program also offers two accelerated 7-1/2 week sessions and intensive weekend workshops within each of the fall and spring semesters.
- Both the online and in-person M.S.N. programs operate on an accelerated 10-week semester calendar: Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DEGREES
To earn a Linfield Master's degree, students must meet all requirements specified for their specific program, all of which meet the following university minimum requirements:
Program-specific minimum credit requirements:
- Nursing Leadership (M.S.N.)--32 credits*
- The Master's Entry into Professional Nursing (M.S.N.)--60 credits
- M.S. in Business--40 credits
- M.S. in Sports Science and Analytics--33-35 credits
Cumulative grade point average (GPA) and minimum grades
Degree-specific minimum requirements:
- 2.700 GPA minimum for M.S.N. candidates, with C- as the minimum passing grade.*
- 3.000 GPA minimum for M.S. in Sports Science and Analytics candidates, with C as the minimum passing grade.
- 3.000 GPA minimum for M.S. in Business candidates, with C- as the minimum passing grade.
- 2.000 GPA minimum for MEPN candidates, with C as the minimum passing grade1.
All required program courses must be taken at Linfield University.
The standard for graduate education at Linfield University requires course GPA of 2.70 or higher; due to the pre-licensure nature of this program an exception was made.
*The M.S.N. Nursing Leadership is not currently accepting new students.