Digital Art Major
This major is available as a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree, as defined in the section on degree requirements for all majors in this catalog.
58 to 59 credits
|ARTS 102||2D DESIGN||4|
|or ARTS 103||3D DESIGN|
|ARTS 110||INTRODUCTION TO VISUAL STUDIES||4|
|ARTS 242||DIGITAL ART||4|
|ARTS 314||HISTORY OF ANIMATION AND DIGITAL ART||4|
|ARTS 342||TOPICS IN DIGITAL ART||3-4|
|or MUSC 225||MUSIC AND TECHNOLOGY|
|ARTS 485||SENIOR SEMINAR||4|
|ARTS 495||PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES||4|
|COMP 121||INTRODUCTION TO THE INTERNET AND WORLD WIDE WEB||4|
|COMP 160||BEG. PROGRAMMING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING||4|
|COMP 161||BEGINNING PROGRAMMING: OBJECTS||4|
|JAMS 150||LIVING IN A MEDIA WORLD||3|
|Select 8 credits of the following: 1||8|
|BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY|
|DIGITAL COLOR PHOTOGRAPHY|
|APPROACHES TO THE FIGURE|
|TOPICS IN BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY|
|TOPICS IN DIGITAL COLOR PHOTOGRAPHY|
|TOPICS IN PAINTING|
|TOPICS IN ALTERNATIVE MEDIA|
|Select 4 credits of Journalism and Media Studies electives of the following: 1||4|
|TOPICS IN MEDIA PRODUCTION|
|MEDIA & THE LAW|
|PRINCIPLES OF ADVERTISING|
A total of 8 elective credits must be at the 300-level or above.
Student Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate understanding of the fundamental principles of computer science, visual art and mass communication;
- demonstrate competency in one digitally-based medium;
- produce a coherent, cohesive body of work accompanied by an artist statement;
- learn to work in at least one programming environment;
- develop adequate understanding of the discipline to successfully enter graduate school or an entry-level professional career;
- demonstrate well-developed writing and communication skills;
- develop effective skills in research, analysis and self-expression through digital means.
- discover the power of curiosity.
Oregon Preliminary Teaching Licensure in Art
Students who are also seeking an Oregon Preliminary Teaching License must also complete a Secondary Education major with Licensure. In order to complete the Secondary Education major, students should begin taking education courses no later than their sophomore year. The student must be advised by faculty in both majors.