Traffic Regulations for the McMinnville Campus
Linfield University enforces all motor vehicle laws as defined in the Oregon Revised Statutes, as applicable to campus. Law enforcement agencies also patrol campus streets and may assess violations of Oregon law as they see fit.
- Any motor vehicle driven on Linfield property shall be operated by a legally licensed and insured driver. The driver will have the license in their possession at all times when operating their vehicle.
- Anyone operating a motor vehicle on campus shall observe speed limits, barricades, stop signs, and all other parking and traffic regulations, and shall drive in a safe and prudent manner.
- Drivers will comply with all directions given by Linfield Public Safety LPS and/or law enforcement.
- The speed limit on all campus streets is 15 MPH, unless otherwise posted.
- Parking in red fire lanes is prohibited.
- Parking in disabled stalls without current and valid disabled permits is prohibited for any length of time. Be aware that parking in a striped disabled loading zone adjacent to disabled parking space counts as a disabled parking violation.
- Vehicles parked or standing for any length time in areas marked by red curbs, fire lanes, loading zones, crosswalks, landscaped areas, sidewalks, areas needed for truck access to trash dumpsters, or areas marked by “No Parking” signs are considered illegally parked.
- Parking in “Reserved” parking spaces is prohibited at all times.
- Linfield community members may not park in visitor parking areas at any time.
- Responsibility for locating a legal parking space rests with the operator of the motor vehicle.
- The University may change access and parking regulations based upon major events of the University.
Linfield Public Safety personnel will issue University citations for violations of these regulations. Vehicles may also be towed at owner’s risk and expense.