Web Application Development Certificate (OCE Only)*
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The certificate in Web Application Development focuses on the technologies, formats, standards, tool products, and other elements in Web Application Development, with emphasis on Web systems for electronic-commerce (e-commerce), corporate support, entertainment, intranet, and extranet. This program offers extensive hands-on exercises to provide students with practical experience in developing enterprise Web applications using Visual Studio.net, XML and Web service. The program is valuable for those who wish to work in the Web production field involved in establishing, developing or maintaining a Web site, including application developers, Web developers, Web developers client-server programmers and technical managers and staff.
*This program is not currently accepting new students.
|COMP 101||FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEC||3|
|COMP 152||PROGRAMMING & OBJECT STRUCTURES||4|
|COMP 250||DATABASE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT||3|
|COMP 310||WEB SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES||3|
|COMP 490||CAPSTONE PROJECT||4|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply markup and styling languages for processing, identifying, and presenting information in web pages.
- Use an appropriate design technology and web services to transfer data and add interactive components to web pages.
- Apply interface design principles to produce layout and organization of websites that effectively communicate appropriate business models and web technologies.
- Combine multiple web technologies to create advanced web components.
- Design secured websites using appropriate security principles.