Sustainability Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The Certificate in Sustainability is an interdisciplinary program designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to advance sustainability goals and practices within large and small business, non-profit organizations and public sector institutions. The program provides a strong foundational understanding of the social, ecological, and economic imperatives providing the foundation for sustainability theory. The certificate also focuses on sustainable practices in major areas such as waste reduction, alternative transportation, renewable energy, green architecture and landscape design. Students who complete the certificate will have a firm understanding of how the sustainability of human and environmental systems is interrelated as well as how to take practical steps to help organizations and businesses achieved sustainability related goals and objectives.
|ENVS 200||INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE||4|
|or ENVS 201||ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE|
|ENVS 202||ENVIRONMENTAL GOVERNANCE||4|
|ENVS 210||PRINCIPLES OF SUSTAINABILITY||4|
|ENVS 410||SUSTAINABILITY PRACTICUM||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|CLIMATE CHANGE: CAUSES, CONSEQUENCES, AND MITIGATION|
|ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES AND THE PHYSICAL SCIENCE|
|ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH (ALSO LISTED AS HSCI 450)|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|RELIGION AND NATURE (ALSO LISTED AS ENVS 309)|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program students should be able to:
- Demonstrate how the sustainability of human and environmental systems are interrelate.
- Identify practical steps to help organizations and businesses achieve sustainability related goals and objectives.
- Apply and use concepts related to sustainability.
- Analyze policy decisions on the basis of their impacts on social and ecological systems.
- Describe and interpret sustainability issues from local, regional and global perspectives.