Software Engineering Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The certificate in Software Engineering focuses on software development skills such as program design, code, development, systems analysis and design, project management and client interaction. The program provides practical skills in the latest Object Oriented Analysis and Design methods utilizing commercial CASE tools and current programming languages. The major concepts and components of object technology in the context of the various phases of Software Development Life Cycle using the Unified Modeling Language (UML) standard will be the main focus on this certificate.
|COMP 101||FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEC||3|
|COMP 152||PROGRAMMING & OBJECT STRUCTURES||4|
|COMP 250||DATABASE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT||3|
|COMP 302||SOFTWARE ENGINEERING||3|
|COMP 400||APPLIED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT||3|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program students should be able to:
- Broaden existing software design and programming skills using current methodologies.
- To present a technical material to a group.
- Write a formal technical or professional report that organizes a systems documentation for each stage of software development.
- Understand the importance of quality assurance and reliability of software systems.
- Understand the process of graphic user interface(gui) and dialogues design.
- Prepare and use various information gathering techniques for eliciting user information requirements and system expectations.
- Develop a better plan for becoming a better systems professional or user/manager of systems, by understanding personal strengths and weaknesses and matching those with the ethical success factors of a modern business manager.