Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics focuses on the theoretical and practical applications of computer systems security and cyber security. This program is valuable to those who are interested in the theoretical foundations of cybersecurity and the eventual application of it to challenging real-world needs. The program will adopt a hands-on approach to develop, deploy, and maintain a secure computing environment. The program also prepares students for the various certifications in Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker, and Cybersecurity Forensic Analyst (CSFA) Certification.
|COMP 101||FUNDAMENTALS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEC||3|
|COMP 252||SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION AND NETWORKING CONCEPTS||3|
|COMP 301||DIGITAL FORENSICS||3|
|COMP 430||COMPUTER SECURITY||3|
|COMP 490||CAPSTONE PROJECT||4|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program students should be able to:
- Identify the different categories of network threats and attacks.
- Identify the appropriate defense mechanism(s) and its limitations given a network threat.
- Isolate threats that can and cannot be protected against using secure communication channels.
- Summarize defenses against network censorship and diagram a network for security.
- Define the architecture for public and private key cryptography and how public key infrastructure (pki) supports network security.