Nursing-R.N. to B.S.N. Program
Please check the Admission pages of the catalog for full Admission Requirements.
Complete the R.N. to B.S.N. orientation module.
55 credits distributed as follows:
|NURS 308||RN-BSN TRANSITION TO PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE||6|
|Credit for Prior Learning Courses||31|
|NURS 310||RN-BSN PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION IN HEALTH CARE||3|
|NURS 321||RN-BSN EVIDENCE-BASED NURSING||3|
|NURS 462||RN TO BSN NURSING CARE OF COMMUNITIES AND POPULATIONS||3|
|NURS 472||RN-BSN NURSING LEADERSHIP||3|
|NURS 476||RN-BSN INTEGRATED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING||6|
After successful completion of RN-BSN TRANSITION TO PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE (NURS 308), credit for prior learning will be earned for the following courses, CPL fees apply.
|NURS 335||INTEGRATED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING I||4|
|NURS 355||NURSING CARE OF CLIENTS AND FAMILIES ACROSS THE LIFESPAN LIVING WITH CHRONIC CONDITIONS||3|
|NURS 365||CLINICAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY FOR NURSING PRACTICE||3|
|NURS 375||INTEGRATED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING II||5|
|NURS 395||NURSING IN MENTAL HEALTH AND ILLNESS ACROSS THE LIFESPAN||3|
|NURS 425||TRANSITIONS IN HEALTH AND ILLNESS||3|
|NURS 435||INTEGRATED EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING III||6|
|NURS 455||NURSING CARE OF CLIENTS AND FAMILIES ACROSS THE LIFESPAN WITH ACUTE CONDITIONS||4|
- Pass each course in the nursing major with a grade of C or better
- Achieve a nursing major GPA of 2.000 minimum.
- R.N. to B.S.N. students are exempt from taking ONLINE FIRST YEAR SEMINAR (IDST 008).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Integrates knowledge from liberal arts, sciences and nursing science as a basis for professional practice.
- Uses clinical reasoning and clinical judgment in providing and advocating for safe, compassionate, evidence-based quality care for individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively in an intra- and inter-professional practice.
- Provides respectful nursing care that considers diverse values, cultures, perspectives, and health practices.
- Responds to the context of the health care system using systems thinking, principles of sustainability, reflective practice, and leadership effectively to influence the practice environment and improve health outcomes.
- Uses information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making to achieve health care outcomes for clients.
- Demonstrates accountability for personal and professional development and adherence to nursing standards of practice and professionalism.