All Non-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs (online programs)
- Completed Online Application.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions.
- Students who have never attended a regionally accredited college must provide proof of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Students with international credentials must submit, at their own expense, a translated credential evaluation (from a NACES or AICE member organization) with their admission application.
- $50 application fee
- Students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). Linfield’s school code is 003198.
The OCE undergraduate program has rolling admission until the start of classes. We recommend that students try and complete their application by the priority application date for their intended start term, in order to have time to receive financial aid, register for classes and purchase their books.
APPLICATION PRIORITY DEADLINES
Matriculation Fee: Students seeking a degree through Online and Continuing Education are required to pay a $100 matriculation fee. These fees are non-refundable after classes begin each term for OCE.
READMISSION TO LINFIELD UNIVERSITY
An Online and Continuing Education (OCE) student must apply for readmission if they want to return to Linfield after being away from the university for two years or more. A readmitted student is responsible for consulting their academic department regarding changes to the curriculum and also must meet the most recently approved requirements for any program that is accredited or licensed. The student must meet the degree or certificate completion requirements from an eligible catalog which has not expired at the time of the student’s degree or certificate completion. When degree, major and/or minor requirements have changed, the major department has the right to specify the catalog year(s) available to the student. A returning student who is requesting readmission to Linfield but to a new program with specific entrance requirements is not guaranteed admission to that program.
The application for readmission includes:
- A Readmission of a Former Student Application form available online at linfield.edu/admission.
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended after leaving Linfield University.
- A returning student who left the university after being suspended must appeal their academic standing in addition to completing the readmission application. See policy on Academic Suspension Appeals.
While the university typically reviews all applications for returning students, it is recommended that students complete the readmission application by the priority application deadlines:
RIGHT TO RESCIND ADMISSION POLICY
A disciplinary matter or criminal conviction, whether occurring prior to the time of application, while the application is under review, or after the admission decision has been made, may affect the University’s decisions regarding admission, enrollment, or course of study. Linfield University reserves the right to rescind admission or enrollment in such circumstances. In addition, because offers of admission and enrollment are based upon a record of academic achievement, Linfield reserves the right to rescind admission or enrollment upon receipt of a final high school transcript or most recent college transcript reflecting a significant decline in academic performance or showing that specific program prerequisites have not been met. Finally, if an application misrepresents any information, for any reason, admission or enrollment may be rescinded at the University’s discretion.