Pre-Licensure Nursing Readmission
READMISSION TO THE SCHOOL OF NURSING
Students who were dismissed from Linfield's School of Nursing or who have not been enrolled for a semester or more without taking an official leave of absence must apply for readmission to their program. Those who have not been enrolled for a semester or more without taking an official leave of absence must also reapply to the university.
Applications for readmission to the School of Nursing must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar and the Office of Admission work collaboratively when the student must also apply for readmission to the University.
The readmission application for the school of nursing includes:
- School of Nursing Readmission Application
- Letter Requesting Readmission: The student requesting readmission must submit a letter along with Application for Readmission that includes the following information:
- Brief history of why you left or were dismissed including a self-reflection on issues that impacted academic performance and actions taken that address these issues.
- A list of any/all courses that were not successfully completed. Include grades on each test and assignment for each course and the total course grade.
- A plan for remediation. The plan must address what you plan to do differently to increase the likelihood of being successful if readmitted.
- Progression Remediation forms for any courses that must be repeated. These forms must be signed by the student's advisor and the instructor of the course when originally taken.
- A pre-licensure student who has been enrolled in another nursing program since leaving Linfield must submit a letter of good standing from the Dean or Director of that nursing program. The letter of good standing must attest to the fact that the student was in a position to progress in the nursing major at the time the student withdrew.
Applications and student letter are forwarded to the School of Nursing Student Policy and Progression Committee (SPP) for review and to the Dean of the School of Nursing for affirmation. The SPP Committee will evaluate each applicant for readmission on an individual basis. The committee may request additional supporting material, including written statements from faculty or advisors, and may interview each applicant. Depending on the circumstances, the SPP may suggest conditions to the Dean related to the readmission.
Readmission to Linfield's Pre-licensure Nursing programs is allowed on a space-available basis. While all applications will be reviewed, it is recommended that students complete the readmission application by the priority application deadlines--generally April 15th for fall semester and November 15th for spring semester.
Returning RN to BSN and MSN students should apply by the priority deadline for their intended term:
READMISSION TO LINFIELD UNIVERSITY
A student must apply for readmission if they want to return to Linfield after being away from the university for a semester or more without taking an official leave of absence. A readmitted student is responsible for consulting their academic department regarding changes to the curriculum and also must meet the most recently approved requirements for any program that is accredited or licensed. The student must meet the graduation requirements from an eligible catalog which has not expired at the time of the student’s graduation. When degree, major and/or minor requirements have changed, the major department has the right to specify the catalog year(s) available to the student. A returning student who is requesting readmission to Linfield but to a new program with specific entrance requirements is not guaranteed admission to that program.
The application for readmission includes:
- A Readmission of a Former Student Application form available online at linfield.edu/admission.
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended after leaving Linfield University.
- A returning student who left the university on suspension status must appeal their academic standing in addition to completing the readmission application. See policy on Academic Suspension Appeals.
- Students previously admitted to any program in the School of Nursing must also submit Nursing-specific forms.
While the university typically reviews all applications for returning students, it is recommended that students complete the readmission application by the priority application deadlines--generally April 15th for fall semester and November 15th for spring semester for programs on a standard calendar and one semester in advance for programs on an accelerated calendar.
RIGHT TO RESCIND ADMISSION POLICY
A disciplinary matter or criminal conviction, whether occurring prior to the time of application, while the application is under review, or after the admission decision has been made, may affect the University’s decisions regarding admission, enrollment, or course of study. Linfield University reserves the right to rescind admission or enrollment in such circumstances. In addition, because offers of admission and enrollment are based upon a record of academic achievement, Linfield reserves the right to rescind admission or enrollment upon receipt of a final high school transcript or most recent college transcript reflecting a significant decline in academic performance or showing that specific program prerequisites have not been met. Finally, if an application misrepresents any information, for any reason, admission or enrollment may be rescinded at the University’s discretion.