Elementary Education Major with Licensure and Special Education Generalist Endorsement (OCE Only)
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Those seeking an initial teaching license and/or a bachelor's degree in education
- K-12 staff, such as paraprofessionals or instructional assistants who are interested in a teaching license and a career in special education
- Those currently in an education program at an Oregon community college
Students who currently hold a bachelor’s degree in a major outside of education or an AAOT degree with pre-education coursework at an Oregon community college can complete the program in two years.
Please see the Admissions Requirements section for a full description.
This major is available as a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree, as defined in the section on degree requirements for all majors in this catalog.
Special Education Generalist Endorsement
|Elementary Education Major Requirements|
|EDUC 150||FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION||3|
|EDUC 200||LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT||4|
|EDUC 210||FOUNDATIONS OF INCLUSION AND SPECIAL EDUCATION||3|
|EDUC 240||FOUNDATIONS FOR TEACHING ESOL||3|
|EDUC 260||EQUITY AND CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE TEACHING||3|
|EDUC 305||GENERAL METHODS AND MANAGEMENT||4|
|EDUC 375||TEACHING MULTICULTURAL EXPRESSIVE ARTS||3|
|EDUC 401||TEACHING LITERACY I||4|
|EDUC 402||TEACHING LITERACY II||4|
|EDUC 448||TEACHING MATHEMATICS||3|
|EDUC 449||TEACHING SCIENCE AND HEALTH/FITNESS||4|
|EDUC 450||TEACHING SOCIAL STUDIES||3|
|Admission to teacher preparation program|
|MATH 135||MATHEMATICS FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHER I||4|
|MATH 136||MATH FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS II||4|
|EDUC 492||STUDENT TEACHING: ELEMENTARY ((Part-time))||4|
|EDUC 492||STUDENT TEACHING: ELEMENTARY ((Full-time))||12|
|EDUC 496||SEMINAR FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT TEACHING||1|
|EDUC 497||SEMINAR FOR PART-TIME STUDENT TEACHING||1|
|TSPC required exams|
|OSP/FBI criminal history clearance|
|Education Department requirements|
|Special Education Generalist Requirements|
|EDSP 422||INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES, INTERVENTIONS AND CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE PRACTICES IN SPECIAL EDUCATION||3|
|EDSP 424||ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION||3|
|EDSP 472||CLASSROOM ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT EDUCATION||3|
|EDSP 482||ETHICAL, LEGAL & COLLABORATIVE PRINCIPLES||3|
|TSPC required Special Education exam|
|Specific Special Education student teaching requirements|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply research from multiple learning theories in the development of praxis, including classroom community and culturally responsive teaching.
- Demonstrate competence in professional dispositions of the discipline.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and write clearly within the discipline.