Nutrition and Wellness Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The Nutrition and Wellness certificate program provides students with an understanding of the role of nutrition in promoting healthy lifestyle and longevity. Students are equipped with knowledge and skills needed to thrive in health-related careers as they explore human nutrition; food science; nutrition-related policies and practices; cultural factors and environment and research on balanced diets, weight management, disease prevention, exercise and sports.
|HHPA 281||FUNDAMENTALS OF FOOD SCIENCE||4|
|HHPA 282||FOOD, CULTURE AND SOCIETY||4|
|HHPA 401||NUTRITION IN HEALTH & DISEASE||4|
|HHPA 402||NUTRITION IN SPORT & PHYS ACT||4|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, the student shall be able to:
- Apply foundational food and nutrition knowledge.
- Critique evidence-based nutrition interventions for health, wellness, physical activity, sport and disease.
- Discuss diets, menu plans, nutritional supplements, caloric intake, and how they affect exercise performance and recovery.
- Apply and integrate person-centered principles supporting access to services, and promote health and wellness of an individual and community.
- Apply cultural principles to guide services and to positively impact nutrition and health behaviors of individuals and the community.
- Apply effective communication techniques to achieve common nutrition health goals.
- Critique nutrition information and facilitate appropriate referrals.