Coaching Certificate (OCE Only)
The program is offered only through Online and Continuing Education (OCE).
The coaching certificate equips individual with the skills to coach children, youth or adults in a formal school, club or recreational setting. Appropriate for new coaches and those seeking to further develop and refine their skills.
|HHPA 270||CORE CONCEPTS OF HEALTH & HUMAN PERFORM||4|
|HHPA 487||INTERNSHIP (at least 5 credits)||5|
|Five additional HHPA elective credits 1||5|
|Proof of current certification in first aid and CPR|
Five additional HHPA elective credits are necessary to reach the 16 credits required for this certificate. These five credits must be approved by the Department Chair.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Explain the different methods of coaching.
- Explain the major theories on adolescent psychology and development.
- Identify principles of psychology related to sports.
- Demonstrate an understanding core concepts of health and physical activity as they relate to coaching children and youth.
- Identify preventative methods and treatments of sport injuries.
- Create an age-appropriate athletic experience that supports the mission of a particular program.