Health Administration Minor*
*This minor is not currently accepting new students.
|HSCI 250||INTRO TO PUBLIC & COMMUNITY HEALTH||3|
|HSCI 320||HEALTH & SOCIAL POLICY||3|
|HSCI 410||HEALTH SYSTEMS SCIENCE: QUALITY IMPROVEMENT THEORY||3|
|HSCI 420||HEALTH ADMINISTRATION||3|
|BNSS 250||CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS (or Business Core if student is a Business major)||4|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS|
|BUSINESS LAW I|
|RN-BSN PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION IN HEALTH CARE|
This minor requires online courses and is available to all Linfield students regardless of campus. Planning is required because the limitation of one online course per semester for on-campus students will be enforced, no matter when the minor is declared.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- demonstrate an understanding of theories, concepts and practices of 21st Century Health Administration, including social determinants of health, population health, planning and policy, marketing, management, the use of digital information to improve prevention and health care delivery, leadership, integrated health systems, cultural and organizational behavior and how these concepts and theories are applied in various health and/or health care settings;
- identify the basic principles of management and apply them in a health or health care setting;
- examine the social and cultural significance of health in society, locally, in the US, and globally;
- analyze both health policy and practical management issues related to the field of health administration; and
- gain hands on practical experience through a health related internship or approved volunteer position.